Monday, November 19, 2007

Night of the Wolf by Alice Borchardt


This was a good book on the whole. I found the ending, how they got out of a tight situation, way too duex ex machina, but that was the only big flaw. I also thought there were more detailed sex scenes than needed, but probably most people wouldn't. And to my surprise, I didn't skip the fight scenes! Detailed accounts of fights usually bore me.


Night of the Wolf is part of a series, and although the second written it is the first in time, being set in the time of Julius Caesar. I liked the characters, and I liked the way Borchardt didn't make the historical setting overwhelming, it was just interestingly there and no more was said than we needed to know. A very competent writer.
Night of the Wolf first published 1999

No comments: